- Former Executive Director of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence
- Con to the question "Should Adults Have the Right to Carry a Concealed Handgun?"
“Why Does the Illinois State Rifle Association Deny That Concealed Weapons Permit Holders Have Killed 139 Since May 2007, Including 9 Cops,” www.ichv.org, Mar. 10, 2010
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Executive Director, Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence, 2000-2010
- Director, Public Policy and Government Relations, Illinois Division, American Cancer Society, 2010-present
- Legislative Aide, Office of the Speaker Michael Madigan, Illinois General Assembly, 1988-1992
- Staff Director, US Representative William Lipinski
- Former Lobbyist, Illinois Hospital Association
- Former Campaign Manager, Howard Carroll For Congress
- Former Independent Consultant, Million Mom March
- Former Independent Consultant, Public Response Group
- BA, Political Science, Marquette University, 1986
- Lives in Evanston with his wife Kelly and their two children Quinn and Jane Shea
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Adults Have the Right to Carry a Concealed Handgun?