- Violence Policy Center Legislative Director
- Con to the question "Should Adults Have the Right to Carry a Concealed Handgun?"
“Each month we are finding more and more killings by concealed handgun permit holders. Just as opponents of weak concealed carry laws warned, we now know that concealed handgun permit holders are killing people in road rage incidents, arguments over parking spaces, and domestic disputes. The incidents we document graphically demonstrate how the presence of a handgun escalates an argument to a homicide. How many more people must die at the hands of concealed carry killers before state legislators act to fix these laws?”
“Concealed Handgun Permit Holders Have Killed at Least 151 Since May 2007, Including 9 Law Enforcement Officers – ‘Concealed Carry Killers’ Web Site March Update,” www.vpc.org, Mar. 24, 2010
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to gun control and related issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to gun control and related issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Legislative Director, Violence Policy Center
- Testified before US House Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere, House Committee on Foreign Affairs, 2009
- Former Counsel, Consumers Union
- JD, George Washington University
- BA, University of Southern California
- Contact Info:
- Donated $500 to John Kerry’s 2004 presidential campaign