- Senior Fellow at the National Center for Policy Analysis
- Pro to the question "Should Adults Have the Right to Carry a Concealed Handgun?"
“Concealed carry laws have not contributed to a big increase in gun ownership. Nor has allowing citizens the right to carry firearms for self-protection led to the negative consequences claimed by critics. In fact, these laws have lowered violent crime rates and increased the general level of knowledge concerning the rights, responsibilities and laws of firearm ownership.
Putting unarmed citizens at the mercy of armed and violent criminals was never a good idea. Now that the evidence is in, we know that concealed carry is a social good.”
Cowritten with Morgan Reynolds, PhD, “No Smoking Guns: Answering Objections to Right-to-Carry Laws,” 1997
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to gun control and related issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to gun control and related issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Senior Fellow, National Center for Policy Analysis, 1996-present
- Senior Fellow, Texas Public Policy Foundation, 2005-present
- Contributing Editor, Environment & Climate News, 2005-present
- Academic Advisor, Collegians for a Constructive Tomorrow, 2005-present
- Member, Environment and Natural Resources Task Force, Texas Comptroller’s e-Texas Commission, 2000
- Former Environmental Research Associate, Competitive Enterprise Institute, 1990
- Former Member, Board of Director, Dallas Woods and Water Conservation Club
- Former Advisor, Natural Resources Task Force, American Legislative Exchange Council
- PhD, Applied Philosophy, Bowling Green State University, 2001
- MA, Applied Philosphy, Bowling Green State University, 1992
- BA, Cultural Anthropology, Southern Methodist University, 1986
- Favorite authors include Ayn Rand, L. Neil Smith, and Robert Anson Heinlein
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Adults Have the Right to Carry a Concealed Handgun?