- Graduate Student Instructor at the University of California at Berkeley
- Con to the question "Should Adults Have the Right to Carry a Concealed Handgun?"
“You don’t need to be a staunch anti-gun advocate to see why letting people carry guns in banks, churches, university dormitories, and the state Capitol is a fundamentally bad idea. While granting citizens the means to protect themselves, it also gives criminals the means to commit crimes. Concealed-carry extends more rights to crooks and felons, guaranteeing that some weapons will fall into the wrong hands, making law-enforcement a virtual nightmare…
Police, more than anybody, would know how the presence of a handgun endangers all parties, including the gun’s owner—for 12 percent of law enforcement officers killed by firearms are shot to death with their own service weapon. Guns quickly escalate a situation, and bringing one into the fold—imagine a drunken brawl or back alley mugging—only stands to make things much, much worse. You go from losing your wallet to losing your life; you go from enduring a black eye or a bloody nose to suffering from a gunshot wound.”
“Concealed-carry Law Threatens Order,” Badger Herald, Oct. 19, 2005
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Survey Research Specialist, Dexis Consulting Group (Istanbul, Turkey), 2016-present
- Graduate Student Instructor, University of California at Berkeley, 2013-present
- Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellow, DC Bureau, 2009
- Correspondent, Glimpse, 2008
- Teaching Fellow, University of Wisconsin, 2007-2008
- Journalist, Badger Herald, 2004-2008
- Former Discussion Group Chair, Refugees, Human Rights and Immigration, Young Professionals in Foreign Policy
- MA, Political Science, University of California at Berkeley, 2013
- BA, Political Science and African Studies, University of Wisconsin, 2008
- Has lived in Amman, Jordan, Cairo, Egypt, Kampala, Uganda, Geneva, Switzerland, and Salalah, Oman
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Adults Have the Right to Carry a Concealed Handgun?